Bill M. Halkias, PE, F.ASCE, F.ITE has 40 years of experience in the international transport field, with the first 15 years in the US. A Rural and Surveying Engineering graduate of the National Technical University of Athens and a Post Graduate of New Jersey Institute of Technology in the US. He is currently serving as Second Vice President of IBTTA (International Bridge Tunnel and Turnpike Association), based in Washington DC, USA, having previously served as a BoD member for eight years (2007 – 2010 and 2018 – 2021). He is in line to serve as First Vice President for 2023, President for 2024 and Immediate Past President for 2025, ending the four-year term as member of IBTTA’s Executive Committee.
Managing Director and CEO of “Attikes Diadromes SA”, from the establishment back in November 1999 of the Operation and Maintenance Company of the Attiki Odos Motorway (Attica Tollway) of Athens Greece, until January 2022, while from May 1996 until November 1999 he has served as the Concessionaire’s Technical Director.
Throughout his long professional carrier, he was elected to serve on leading positions in prestigious Associations, such as:
- President of IRF (International Road Federation) based in Geneva, Switzerland,
- President of ASECAP (Association Européen des Concessionnaires d’Autoroutes à Péage) based in Brussels, Belgium.
- President of HELLASTRON (Hellenic Association of Toll Roads Network), based in Athens, Greece, representing all eight (8) Toll Infrastructures of the country, representing currently the Association as Member of BoD of HCIC (Hellenic Construction Industry Council).
- President of H.ITE (Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers), based in Athens, Greece
- Member of the AHB20 TRB Committee (Freeway Operations Committee of the Transportation Research Board, based in Washington DC, USA.